18th ECOMM 2014 in Florence
The 18th European Conference On Mobility Management ECOMM 2014 took place Florence, Italy, from 7-9 May 2014.
All presentations programme and pictures here.
The ECOMM 2014 had about 250 visitors, over 80 presentations and the following format innovations:
- An ECOMM-key-message to the EU and the Italian EU-Presidency
- Videos of some delegates
- Sponsor messages in some sessions
- Poster presentations for all non-selected papers
We recommend the following short interviews and clips:
- ECOMM final clip
- ECOMM President Robert Thaler (Austria)
- Paolo Gandolfi Member of Italian Parlament, Transport Committee (in Italian)
- Annemieke Molster on train station accessibility (Netherlands)
- Omniyh Al Hajeri on Mobility Management in Abu Dhabi
- All other videos here
The Wikipedia article on Florence is here.
The Italian language Wikipedia has an excellent section on the Urban Mobility of Florence, that includes a brand new tramway, a very large pedestrian area, a limited traffic zone and carsharing services.