EPOMM is the European Platform on Mobility Management, a network of governments in European countries that are engaged in Mobility Management (MM). They are represented by the Ministries that are responsible for MM in their countries. EPOMM is organised as an international non- profit organisation with seat in Leuven.
The main aims of EPOMM are:
To promote and further develop Mobility Management in Europe
To support active information exchange and learning on Mobility Management between European countries
The main tools to achieve this are:
This website (epomm.eu) containing the most updated and most in-depth information and tools on MM available.
Our monthly e-update providing specific information on a mobility management topic
The renowned yearly ECOMM - European Conference on Mobility Management with about 400 delegates taking place every year in a city in an EPOMM member state.
The EPOMM National Focal Points (NFP):, the national mobility management networks of each EPOMM member country. They support the interchange between the European level and the national, regional and local level.
Online tools: the two more an more popular tools are TEMS – The EPOMM Modal Split Tool with modal split data from over 350 cities and MaxEva, the standard evaluation tool for MM projects.
Training and Workshops organised by EPOMM. Most prominent are the NFP- Workshops that take place twice a year, hosted by the member countries and featuring information exchange on MM-aspects and MM-implementation. Other training and workshops are organised on demand.
EU-relations: regular contacts with European institutions and cooperations make our voice heard in Europe.
Project Networking: EPOMM maintains a regular exchange with European projects, researching or promoting Mobility Management. As such, it has prime access to the project results and information and helps to preserve project know-how beyond the end of the projects.
With this array of tools EPOMM sets the Agenda for MM in Europe and creates a range of benefits for its members. For more info please read the EPOMM Manifesto.
EPOMM-membership: the benefits
- Determine EPOMM activities: The members control EPOMM activities through the board and determine the yearly work programme.
- Information access: Excellent information access through the website, the e-update and secretariat services: find research papers, key experts, interesting case studies etc.
- Participation in the twice-yearly NFP-workshops - exchange experience with other countries, directly transfer know how from the "exporting" country to your home country via the Policy Transfer. You can determine the topic of these workshops, you can also host these workshops.
- Free or reduced fee access: to the workshops of EPOMM, to the ECOMM and EPOMM network meetings. Only EPOMM member countries can host the prestigious ECOMM conference.
- Influence on European policies: EPOMM is regularly invited to comment on EU-policy plans - such as the Action Plan on Urban Mobility. Furthermore, it organises meetings with policy officers and politicians in Brussels to consult on Mobility Management and related topics.
- Better access to European projects: EPOMM often is a platform for the dissemination of project results and as such has excellent access to results and key persons in European projects.
- Standardisation: EPOMM works on the European standardisation of mobility management issues where it is deemed useful - examples for this are TEMS – The EPOMM Modal Split Tool with modal split data from over 350 cities and MaxEva, the standard evaluation tool for MM projects.
- Country page: EPOMM provides you with an own country page with an own, national event calendar and a good overview over all MM-related EU-projects and project partners in your country.
- Positive image: last but not least, EPOMM shows that you work on a better future and helps you to disseminate this image to a wide audience, - in your own country as well as in Europe.